Sendai City Museum
The Sendai City Museum features historical and cultural artifacts as well as arts and crafts from the Sendai area, which range in age from the Old Stone Age to modern times. The cultural assets of the Sendai han (domain), founded by feudal lord Date Masamune, are a must-see.
- 26 Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai
- 9:00a.m.-4.45p.m. The ticket office closes 30 minutes before closing time.
- Mondays(except national holidays), the day following national holidays(except Saturday and Sunday), Dec.28, 2016-Mar.31, 2017 (tentative maintenance schedule)
- Entrance Fee
- On permanent exhibition: Adults/College students: 460yen, High school students: 230yen, Elementary and Middle school students: 110yen / On special exhibition: Varies depending on the exhibition
- Sendai Subway Tozai Line: Approximately 8 minute walk from the South 1 exit of International Center Station / Sightseeing Loop Bus "LOOPLE SENDAI": Please get off at the "Sendai City Museum/Sendai International Center" bus stop.