Sendai City Museum of History and Folklore
Located in Tsutsujigaoka Park, which entertains visitors with its seasonal beauty, the Museum showcases an extensive collection of folklore items from the Sendai area. The museum building is the oldest existing western-style wooden building in Miyagi Prefecture.
- 3-7 Gorin 1-chome, Miyagino-ku, Sendai
- 9:00a.m.-4:45p.m. The ticket office closes 30 minutes before closing time.
- Mondays(except on national holidays), the day following national holidays(except Saturday and Sunday), the 4th Thursday of Jan. to Nov. (except national holidays), Dec.28-Jan.4
- Entrance Fee
- Adults: 240yen, High school Students: 180yen, Elementary and Middle school students: 120yen
- From JR Sendai Station West exit, please take the bus at the bus stop No.50 or No.51 and get off at the "Haramachi 1-chome" bus stop, then walk for 7 minutes.