Botanical Gardens, Tohoku University
A botanical park that was established by Tohoku University in 1958 and is designated as a natural monument. The park was kept under protection as Sendai Castle’s own garden for a long time, therefore beautiful fir trees, natural vegetation of Sendai, are finely preserved to this day.
- 12-2 Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai
- 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.(Last Admission 4:00p.m.)
- Mondays(except national holidays), the day following national holidays, Dec. 1-the Vernal Equinox Day(usually Mar.20 or 21), occasional temporary closure
- Entrance Fee
- Adults: 230yen, Elementary and Middle School Students: 110yen
- Sendai Subway Tozai Line: 12 minute walk from "International Center" or "Kawauchi" Station / Sightseeing Loop Bus "LOOPLE SENDAI": 3 minute walk from the "Tohoku University Botanical Gardens" bus stop