Sendai Astronomical Observatory
Sendai Astronomical Observatory features an amazing planetarium and an exhibition room where visitors can experience the wonders of the universe, as well as numerous exciting exhibits. An astronomical observation event is held every Saturday night; visitors can enjoy star watching with a large telescope named HITOMI.
- 29-32, 9-chome, Nishikigaoka, Aoba-ku, Sendai
- 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Saturdays: 9:00a.m.-9:30p.m.(Exhibition room: 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.) The ticket office closes 30 minutes before closing time.
- (1)Wednesdays and the 3rd Tuesday of each month(If a national holiday falls on the day, the next weekday) *Open during school holidays / (2)Dec.29-Jan.3
- Entrance Fee
- 【Exhibition Room or Planetarium】Adults: 610yen, High School Students: 350yen, Elementary and Middle School Students: 250yen 【Set Ticket(Exhibition Room and Planetarium)】Adults: 1,000yen, High School Students: 610yen, Elementary and Middle School Students: 400yen
- Ayashi Kanko Bus: Approximately 30 minute ride from the bus stop No.52 in the front of "Richmond Hotel Premier Sendai Ekimae". Please get off at the "Nishikigaoka-7chome-kita/Tenmondai-iriguchi" bus stop, then walk for 5 minutes. / Takeya Kotsu Bus: 23 minute ride from the bus stop No.63 at JR Sendai Station West exit. Please take the bus "Akiu-Kawasaki Sendai Seibu Liner" and get off at the "Sendai-shi Tenmondai" bus stop.